Diabetes is an endocrine-related disease caused by a deficiency of insulin-releasing hormone-induced carbohydrate-induced carbohydrate metabolism. Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease, kidney failure, coronary artery disease, stroke, and etc. Therefore, in addition to physical activity and drug use, diet plays a very important role in reducing the development of diabetes and stabilizing blood sugar. It is the reason why what diabetes should eat and what should not be eaten are always a question of every patient. Whether you are diabetic or newly diagnosed, besides taking medication, doctors recommend that you change your diet so that you can control your blood sugar. Therefore, the post will help you answer these questions clearly.
1 What diabetes should eat
- Eat vegetables and fruits
+ Green vegetables and fruits are abundant sources of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. At the same time, these are also foods with high levels of antioxidants and phytochemical compounds that promote the body’s immune system.
+ Some vegetables such as mustard greens, turnips, kale, broccoli, and spinach are ideal foods for diabetics. These foods contain low carbohydrate and calorie content.
+ Fresh fruits contain less sugar such as grapefruit, orange, tangerine, apple and etc. which provide a lot of vitamins for people with diabetes.
Although some fruits may give a person a certain amount of sugar, it is a slow sugar that is the sugar needs to undergo digestion to become absorbed by the body. It helps in blood sugar not too high or too low, but also provides useful fiber and minerals containing vcom help control blood sugar
- Protein: Patients should use lean meat especially beef because they contain a lot of synthetic linoleic acid (CLA) that can improve the function of blood sugar metabolism, in addition to the use of anti-cancer.
- Good fat: Fat sources of avocado, walnuts, almonds, walnuts, peanut oil, and olive oil help to lower cholesterol levels. People with diabetes should use them instead of animal derived fats. However, for olive oil, attention should be used at normal temperatures and should not be processed in the high temperature because they can produce more toxic substances to the body.
- Eat fish at least twice a week: Fish is a good source of fat and protein substitutes for meat. Fishes such as spinach, tuna, sardines and mackerel which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are not only good for people with diabetes, but also they have great benefits for cardiovascular health. You should cook fish in the form of steaming, soup, cooking and should not fish by frying or frying fat
2 What diabetes should not eat?
- Sweet foods: especially artificial sweeteners, people with diabetes should be absolutely abstinent because diabetes is a condition in which the person’s blood sugar level has gone beyond the diabetic’s diabetes threshold limit. Candies, soft drinks, sweet cakes and all sweet or artificial sweeteners are too bold such as sugar, fruit too sweet diabetes also needs to limit to the maximum.
- Starch: Although this is an indispensable food in every meal, patients with diabetes it is always recommended not to eat more rice every meal. Diabetes patients should abstain from a strict diet. Even foods such as rice, rice noodles also need to be limited.
- Foods that contain high levels of saturated fat – trans and cholesterol
Fat provides the body with the highest energy source for the body. Eating fatty foods can make you gain weight have difficulty controlling your blood sugar. Therefore, diabetics should abstain from saturated fats and cholesterol found in animal-derived foods such as fatty meats, animal shells, egg yolks, cheese, and dairy. Foods derived from plants such as coconut milk, coconut milk, and ice cream.
- Dried fruits: Although they contain high levels of fiber and nutrients, they are naturally high in quantity and should be avoided.
- Milk: High in fat that these ingredients reduce insulin resistance, so it is not good for diabetics. If necessary, can be replaced with sugar-free, low-fat milk.
Alcoholic beverages and stimulant foods: These are the drinks that diabetes patients steer clear of, as these are combined with other foods. Other sugars will cause blood sugar to increase rapidly without control.